Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why the Hell?....

   First I want to say, that I am in no way a credible source for tips on relationships or love, I just like to point out things that many other people don't see , or need help to see. One thing in particular that I've wanted to yell at people over and over again is this:

  IF YOU LOVE SOME ONE, YOU DO NOT HOLD THEM BACK FROM MAKING PROGRESS WITH THEIR LIVES. 

   I happened to be at my friends house visiting, and with us was her boyfriend. I, being a year older, was giving some tips on what you need to look in to when college hunting. Now, my friend had decided  a while ago that she was going to attend BYU-I. She had even been mad at her older brother for going there before her (which was really adorable). She had visited the campus and decided that it was the school for her, perfect class sizes, perfect campus, perfect city. Now  all these years later, sitting in this room, her brand new boyfriend decided to "lay down the law" telling her that he was not intending to let her leave him and that she should attend the local college. I became a little hostile I will admit.. But you have to understand that loving someone means supporting their decisions. This goes sooooo much more for decisions that are going to effect something so important as schooling. Education is the key, in this time, to everything one could hope for. Good jobs come from good grades. With good jobs come good money and with good money comes a good livelihood. Now, if someone loved you, why would they want to hold you back from excelling? To me that makes no sense.

   Now my advice is this. Love is not selfish. To be mature in love is to say that you care for someone to the point that you don't care if they will have to travel clear across the nation, you will not hinder them doing great things in life. You aren't' letting them go, you're still a couple. Now, let them go and mature and grow up. Let them have the time to make themselves better and you take the time to make yourself better as well so that when the time does come for you two to get back together, you'll be ready and able to make important decisions to benefit  you as a whole. I'm just  saying that if someone doesn't have your best interest in mind, they shouldn't be around you.

But again, maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment