Saturday, December 14, 2013

Not To Rub It In Their Noses.. I Promise!

   Once a long time ago, I was bullied greatly. I only had one friend throughout my elementary/middle school career. I was a very awkward child, my mom always worked so my hair didn't really look right and my clothes weren't ironed. I didn't get new shoes very often and that wouldn't have been a major problem had I not been going to a Catholic school all those years. And on tip of that, I was the only Black person in my class. So it gave my classmates a lot to talk about.
   Oddly enough, I was also very nieve an never really understood i was being bullied until after I left the private school system and went into public schools. The turnaround hit me, hard. People talked to me. They didn't snicker and whisper when I walked by. When I spoke people listened and didn't clique me out. Gawd, private school kids are mean people!! Not to say they all are like that, but apparently, to prepubescent kids, a uniform is status and status means cliques. And I was the ultimate outlier. 
   But instead of taking the abuse and being depressed about it, I decided to take a different approach. I'm going to succeed so well in like that I'll be on TV. Not for anything dumb like some news issue.. No, I want to be on tv for doing something outstanding in society. For contributing to the medical field or for helping a community in the best way I can. The bigger the better. Because one day, those who hurt me will see me. One day they'll recognize my name, my face. And one day, they'll have to tell their kids that they knew me (I mean who doesn't do that?) and even greater, they'll have to lie about what we were together in school.. Meh. Just sayin haha

No comments:

Post a Comment